Get Acquainted With The Man Behind The Practice
- Undergrad work at Brigham Young University in Provo, UT
- 1982 graduate from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, IA
- Obtained State licenses to practice in Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota.
- Family practice in Grand Rapids, MI since 1982
- In addition to full-time practice, Dr. Aamodt is also an adjunct professor at Davenport University, teaching Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology since 2010.
- Post-graduate, specialized training through the American Chiropractic Association and National University of Health Sciences in Chicago, IL.
- Completed post-graduate certification in Independent Medical Examination, Disability and Impairment Rating, and Forensics (expert witness and litigation cases.)
- Serves as a Peer review, legal consultant and IME examiner since 1988
- Serves as a consultant on the Professional Affairs Health Advisory Committee of a multi-state medical care organization, helping determine insurance policy for the chiropractic profession.
- Trains insurance and legal organizations in adjudicating chiropractic issues
- IME's and their Future Role in Chiropractic
- The battle for the Soul of Chiropractic
- Guest Article: How to Choose a Good Chiropractor
- Read Dr. Aamodt's newest published article; "The Case For Immunization"
I Graduated from Blue Heron Academy of Healing Arts and Sciences in December of 2006. I received over 600 hours of training in Medical Massage. I am certified with the American Medical Massage Association. I obtain 12 continuing education credits per year.
During my Training I learned how a healthy diet and active lifestyle can help prevent certain ailments and diseases within the body. With a passion for health and alternative medicine as well as building relationships with my clients. I hope to use my training to help rehabilitate my clients from pain and diseases.
Jan has worked with her husband, Dr. Aamodt since the beginning of the practice and has many years of expertise in billing, coding, and working with patients to help meet their needs. She's usually the one who will greet you on the phone and schedule your appointments.
Jan has managed to balance raising 5 kids, while also supporting the practice by helping manage the complexities of running a practice with all the things that go on behind the scenes.
Our practice is 'evidence-based', employing gentle spinal manipulation and traction if appropriate.Our motto of 'quality...not quantity care' means we do not do long-term treatment plans. Care is based on short, medically necessary care designed to get patients recovered and discharged from active care as soon as possible. Each visit is given plenty of time for evaluation, history and care. No assembly-line type of care in our office.
Active duty military AND their dependents are provided with free treatment in our office. We coordinate care with orthopedic, neurological and other medical physicians. We have X-ray facilities on site and referral for MRI or CT scans if needed. We proudly offer Massage therapy on site by a licensed massage therapist.